Academy 2023 Weekend Badges - Interested?

Saturday, June 24, 12:00 UTC to 15:00 UTC

at least 1 badge / person for group of 4 participants

Starting on Saturday, June 24 I invite you participate in the “Academy 2023 Weekend Badges”.

If you are interested, I invite you to use a weekend day (either Saturday or Sunday) to work together for acquiring more badges necessary for being certified as Sociocracy Practitioner or Sociocracy Facilitator.

On June 24 I am available between 12:00 UTC and 15:00. I guess if well planed it will be enough time to go to some facilitation processes and document at least 4 badges and some feedback for the facilitators.

To have the results we are looking for, I guess we should be at least 3 or 4 people including me) so that we have a working circle (team).

People outside the Academy are welcome, as long as practicing bring more experience to all those present.

The event will be organized as an Extra Community of Practice for Facilitators Event (CoP-F event) and we can reschedule it each weekend, as necessary to have to badget work done.

I volunteer myself as a member of the working circle (not for badges) so in case you want to participate be sure you invite at least one colleague. You both will be able to document at least one badge per person (may be two).

This is my proposal to sustain my collegues from the Academy on their Academy 2023 journey and as a way to sustain the Vision, Mission and Aims of SoFA.

We will have an meeting AGENDA so you can propose from time what are the badge(s) you would like to work for.

I would appreciate a feedback from you to prepare the timeframe of working together. I appreciate your interest in sociocracy and I’m looking to work with you.

Remember: If you are not a student in the Academy 2023 you are welcome as well. You will have the opportunity to exercise your own facilitation. Thank you in advance!

If you would like to share your comments or personal reflections on this topic, please feel free to do so in a comment below. Thank you.

Best wishes!

1 Like

Community of Practice for Facilitators (CoP-F)

Meeting #6 - Extra CoP-F - 2023, June 24, 12:00 UTC - 15:00 UTC

People who are not students in SoFA Academy 2023 are welcome.

Please propose your topic or facilitation process to prepare the AGENDA accordingly.

Thank you.

1 Like

1 Like

organized by the Community of Practice for Facilitators (CoP-F)

organized by the Community of Practice for Facilitators (CoP-F)

1 Like

CoP-F - Community of Practice for Facilitators

CoP-F - Community of Practice for Facilitators

1 Like

Q: “If I’m not a student in the Academy 2023. Could I participate?”
A: Sure! The event is organized by the Community of Practice for Facilitators (CoP-F). You are welcome to participate and practice. The AGENDA minutes will help you document your presence and activity in the CoP-F events. In case you are interested don’t hesitate to join us now or whenever you want. In case you are not yet a member of SoFA community of practice for facilitators (CoP-F) you can use this link to register:

Next event is scheduled for:

We invite you to join us in SoFA CoP-F to practice together some facilitation processes.

Community-of-Practice-for-Facilitators-CoP-F

See you soon!

1 Like

Q: “Could you guarantee that I will receive the badges I need for becoming a Certified Practitioner or a Certified Facilitator”
A: Of course we cannot guarantee that you will receive the badges you need for becoming a Certified Practitioner or a Certified Facilitator. However, what the Community of Practice for Facilitators (CoP-F) could offer to you is the opportunity to practice some facilitation processes and the possibility to document your work by using the CoP-F agenda and minutes. The Academy staff will evaluate your work through your Learning Journal and they will decide about all the badges involved in this learning / practicing process. Anyway, learning and practicing facilitation processes could help anybody to come closer to the badges they are looking for.

We invite you to join us in SoFA CoP-F to practice together some facilitation processes.

See you soon!

1 Like

Q: “What could I earn if I will participate in the “Weekend Academy Badges” event proposed by the Community of Practice for Facilitators?”
A: First of all, we bet you will gain more experience in terms of sociocracy and facilitation processes. You will be inspired by what the other participants are doing and by your own involvement. Also, if you assume a role during the event, your involvement will be recorded in the agenda and the meeting minutes. Later, this will help you document your activity when you need it, including for obtaining the necessary badges to become a Certified Sociocracy Practitioner or a Certified Sociocracy Facilitator. Is it useful?

See you soon!

1 Like

Q: “What do I lose if I don’t attend tomorrow’s meeting?”
A: Well, I don’t know to answer to this question, but I know what will you be able to earn. For sure you will gain more facilitation experience and expertise. In case you are a student in SoFA 2023 Academy, I guess that documenting your activity in your Learning Journal will help you get closer to receiving the badges necesary for becoming a Sociocracy Certified Practitioner or a Certified Sociocracy Facilitator. What depends on you is to be present and active then experience will have something to say in your favour.

See you soon!

1 Like

Q: “I have something else to do. Will it be another opportunity?”
A: Well, you are the only one who knows for sure what are your needs and what are your priorities, so please do whatever is important to you. I guess that there will be other opportunities but each meeting is a unique, unrepeatable learning opportunity. Tomorrow will be different. Next time will be different as well. What I can tell is that each opportunity has its special flavor. Please take care of your priorities. See you as soon as possible.

See you soon!

1 Like

Q: “Could you tell me what the agenda will be for the “Academy 2023 Weekend Badges” event?”
A: The AGENDA will be made and consented by those who will participate in the “Academy 2023 Weekend Badges” event. It is scheduled for Saturday, June 24 from 12:00 UTC to 15:00 UTC. It’s like a Practice Marathon but the difference is that everybody will win something, at least more experience. We want to offer everybody the opportunity to enjoy the practice of a facilitation process. Everybody will have the opportunity to document the activity using our CoP-F agenda and minutes. I will be present. Will you? Thanks.

Joining-a-Community-in-Sociocracy

See you soon!

1 Like

Q: “Is this event for everyone?”
A: This event is dedicated to those who really want to practice some facilitation processes. It doesn’t matter if you are a student in the Academy 2023 or not. If you are registered as a member of the Community of Practice for Facilitators (CoP-F) you can participate in this event. The agenda will be made by the participants. Everybody will gain more facilitation experience or even expertise. We will enrich ourselves with reflections and feedback. Everybody will be able to document his / her activity using the CoP-F agenda and minutes. Maybe this will be useful this month, this year or next year. Who knows? When we are prepared we don’t worry, so let’s use this time to practice and become better facilitators. Our organizations or communities will enjoy our facilitation skills. SoFA Community of Practice for Facilitators is a good place to train ourselves and practice facilitation processes without any pressure over us. In CoP-F we are friends and co-workers without any teachers, so let’s enjoy the opportunity of working together. I will be there as promised. Will you?

See you soon!

1 Like