Beyond human assemblages and sociocracy

I’m currently reading “The Mushroom at the End of the World: On the Possibility of Life in Capitalist Ruins” , a book written by Anna Lowenhaupt Tsing. The book, published in 2015, explores the global economy through the lens of the matsutake mushroom and its complex and diverse social, economic, and ecological relationships. Tsing examines how this mushroom, which grows in disrupted landscapes, connects various people and cultures around the world, reflecting on the possibilities of life in the midst of capitalist and environmental challenges. A fantastic book to read.

One of the main concepts of the book is ‘assemblage,’ which signifies a dynamic and contingent gathering of diverse elements in a specific time and space, including human and non-human actors, cultural practices, economic forces, and ecological conditions.

So that made me think. Can Sociocracy help us create assemblages? What about beyond human assemblages?

Just some crazy thoughts….

What do you think? Are there any books you are reading that make you think about sociocracy beyond the usual governance framework?

1 Like

Oh I’ll have to read that book. Connects with thoughts I had. I’ll read it!