Broader Public Outreach/Engagement Spaces? (NGO LinkedIn group announcement)

At a IT/Web needs and opportunities visioning meeting a while back, several folks named needing external spaces to engage with those interested and using Sociocracy for a broader and more long term reach. Our publication platforms don’t seem to be enough, from my perspective. I’m really curious to hear what other platforms folks think would be helpful.

Our NGO network agrees we need more than just our newsletter to help get the word out. We want to hear from more people on these topics between meetings/drop in calls/conferences, etc.

We’ve created a LinkedIn group for those in the Nonprofit / NGO sector and would love to have you all join if that’s relevant to you, and to have your help to spread the word for others who are on LinkedIn to join as well.

Thank you and please if you have other ideas like a Discord server or other options for engagement, I’d be very interested to explore them further.
I look forward to continuing to expand our reach with the transitions ahead.

Mary

Mary, do I understand correctly that you’re wanting to solve the problem of connecting to unknown people who would be interested in ideas that we want to share?

Not necessarily just unknown, but unknown as well, sure!

Yes, I’m curious what platforms would support consistent engagement on these topics, such as the LinkedIn group NGO circle is building out. I understand At Work has used MeetUp before but that isn’t necessarily one that people come back to often to share experiences, ask questions, share resources, post opportunities, seek trainers/consultants, etc.

I would love to get an update from Outreach folks and see how else our Circle can link up into and support that ongoing work, and what other strategies we can develop together.