"Help me write my organization's aim"

Hello!! Sharing vision/mission/aims for Central Florida Mutual Aid:

Vision
A world where everyone has their needs met and is liberated from systems of oppression

Mission
Creating and running various community initiatives to meet needs throughout CFL (specifically Orange, Osceola, and Seminole counties)

Aims
To collaborate to meet each other’s basic needs (food, shelter, clothing, health care, transportation)
To build a shared understanding through political education that the systems we live within are oppressive and not meeting our needs
To strategically address root causes through advocacy
To bring about radical change to those systems or create viable, community-based alternatives
To center the voices and needs of those most impacted by systems of oppression

We’d appreciate any feedback. Thank you!

Hey there @rkinbar! And welcome!

I have a few comments.

Hm… it’s a little vague - is that intentional to keep options open? I assume you wouldn’t want to run ANY community initiative to meet ANY needs?

The aims are great, and I think I can picture them all.

The one thing I’m curious about is whether the individual aim statements are reflective of (future?) subcircles.

There’s something about the first aim …

… where I’m not sure whether meeting each other’s needs is the main thing and collaboration the secondary thing. But I know that’s picky.

Good luck!! Are you in formation or transitioning towards sociocracy? And how did you hear about it? Through the restorative justice folks?