Log Keeping team operational meetings [2023]

Backlog (incomplete)

  • map - is not showing description in the secon lanuage - is this intentional?
  • Log in - Asana
  • What is the workflow if people change information that affects the map/webiste?
  • Feedback Map: place for people who are not suited in a specific place (like Pame)?
  • a note I saw (when I created a website for Lino): Your privacy policy page https://www.socioracyforall.org/privacy-policy appears to be inaccessible. I proceed with membership but would kindly ask if you can send me the policy by email. Many thanks! → is this done? or should we do something about it?
  • GH - companies - Pioneer House Village has all SoFA members listed: https://www.sociocracyforall.org/wp-admin/admin.php?page=gh_companies&action=edit&company=398
  • How does IT circle understand the Google Workspace Best Practices? Idea: Renaming and moving from ‘Documentation’ to ‘Policies’

02-07 meeting

Check in

Admin

  • Attendance: John, Nathalie, Pia
    • Secretary: Nathalie
    • Facilitator: John
  • Duration: 90 min
  • Minutes from last time:
  • Announcements: none
  • Next meeting:

Agenda formation

Check out


01-24 meeting

Check in

Admin

  • Attendance: John, Nathalie, Pia
    • Secretary: Nathalie
    • Facilitator: John
  • Duration: 60 min
  • Announcements: none
  • Next meeting: Feb 7th 1330 UTC

Agenda formation

  • Kumu audit planning
    • make a decision who continues with what work
      • Pia International
      • Nathalie Ecosystem
      • John anything else
      • Nathalie to talk with Pia and then John when ecosystem is done
      • John is happy if others communicate with secretaries too, he’ll be the one updating Kumu in the end
    • SQLlite and local database on John’s computer, spreadsheet is not powerful enough
    • list of circles is taken from this database
    • WIP allow others access to this database
    • workflow looks good
    • remind circles to use new meetings template? previously John was in contact with circles about these things
    • make comments in task when we notice something about the workflow
  • sort FAQ → set a tag for a link (!!!) Latest Sociocracy Basics/Sociocracy FAQs topics - Sociocracy For All
    • use tags to organize it
    • have different default views
    • how can we use discourse to structure this section best?
    • forums highlight newest conversation, a bit more difficult for other logical structure
    • stretching the limits of forum usage
    • tag: introductory-FAQ maybe
    • manually maintain a list of FAQ like circle summaries in the policy manual
    • discourse encourages fluid categorization through tags, only 2 levels of categories
    • logkeeping is doing forum curation at the moment
    • there are discourse plugins: e.g. documentation plugin → John investigate further
    • is it possible to have different links to the FAQ with different tags enabled?
      • yes - URL changes when tag is selected
    • pinning stays on top - that’ how it is now. Nathalie will mention John in the Asana task
    • there are several ideas we can do now with the tags, introduce tag “SOLT” → Pia will start on this
  • start conversation around our policies, esp. " SoFA role holders all get a socioracyforall.org account." as in SoFA Google Workspace
    • intro
      • came up in conversation between Nathalie and Abbie looking at how to roll out policy
      • it this a policy or a recommendation? Is it clear?
      • do SoFA member know about it? → some role holders without email address
      • review and bring it to IT circle eventually
      • role holder audit?
    • discussion
      • conversation belongs somewhere else: IT circle, Support Services, General Circle
      • how does SoFA understand what policy is? How does IT circle understand the Google Workspace Best Practices?
      • policy is always a best practice
      • a bit of conversation around policies
      • policies as requests - may or not be received well
      • role holders: esp. secretary and leader
      • audit is a nice idea
      • if we make it a policy, would it be more visible to SoFA members and make it more clear to members
      • renaming best practice to policy
      • continue conversation

Check out


01-18 meeting

Check in

Admin

Next meeting: 01-24 at 1330 UTC for 90 minutes

Agenda formation

  • VPN - recommendation?
    • no known VPN recommendation
    • Pia to check in with CJ
  • prepare agenda in advance/Log Keeping minutes (these topics): many meetings per topic?
    • Desire to establish the link between the forum and Asana; somewhat difficult to context switch
    • Maybe use more user tagging when using the forum for meetings?
    • Decided to try using one topic for multiple meetings; might need to check on topic length limitations in Discourse
  • Kumu audit
    • In IT Circle, we decided on a once-a-year audit in January
    • How much, and in what way, does everyone want to help with audit?
    • Go through all circle minutes documents, check them against current Kumu
    • Take notes on discrepancies
    • Take notes on out-of-date information in minutes documents
    • Questions and comments on the process:
      • Out of date? Would Kumu ever be more up to date than the minutes? A: concern is around minutes documents being out of date with respect to reality
        • Look at recent meetings, compare with the minutes document header
      • What do we do when things are out of date? A: don’t have a strategy for this yet
        • will involve some coordination work
        • could just tag circle updates?
    • John’s idea: track all this in a spreadsheet, John would be happy to take on the task of initializing the spreadsheet
    • Nathalie excited to help, excited to browse through the circle structure; concerned spreadsheet could get messy, suggests we might use Asana
    • John proposes to try to set up a tracking system for collaborating in Asana by 01-24, actually do the audit work by 02-07 → consent!
    • Nathalie excited to work in Ecosystem department
    • Pia excited to work in International department
  • Work-flow creating a new email address - what needs to be done e.g. how get the SoFA email address access to the member dashboard
    • decided here to adjust the new email template text
    • how might this relate to the new orientations for leaders and secretaries?
    • basically, this seems to be handled (as a discussion item)
  • How we advertise role holder orientation
    • sociocracy linking channels of communication
    • existing communication channels: SoMBu, the forum
    • place this prominently in the member dashboard
    • this has come up a few times, haven’t really followed up
    • what is the process of actually providing the role holder orientation?
    • orientation is offered in the email, but often declined; could we emphasize it more as a recommendation or in another way include it more definitively in the workflow?
    • could have periodic role holder orientations
    • email could advertise the next role holder orientation
    • lack of awareness of orientation availability
    • didn’t get an email upon receiving a qualifying role, several cases of receiving an email address informally from someone directly (e.g. Samara or Ted)
    • having an established orientation would reduce the pressure for receiving the orientation
    • didn’t know who to ask for help or additional training
    • excitement for an idea for a general orientation session for role holders
      • March might give us some lead time
      • something for IT support in general? For all members?
      • how to coordinate this with other member events? Coordinate with Continuing Education Circle, maybe?
      • Proposal: March 16 at 1300 UTC? → consent!
  • Policy manual?

Check out

  • someone else taking notes?
  • excited for avenues for moving forward with trainings
  • slight delay in forum notes refresh is challenging

XX-XX meeting

Check in

Admin

  • Attendance: John, Nathalie, Pia
    • Secretary: Nathalie
    • Facilitator: John
  • Duration: 90 min
  • Minutes from last time:
  • Announcements: none
  • Next meeting:

Agenda formation

Check out