Master's thesis about power shifts in companies adopting self-management from the perspective of the owners

Hello all! I’m new in this forum, I’ve stumbled across sociocracy via the research for my Master’s thesis about power shifts and how owners and CEOs deal with the loss of control. My hypothesis is that the idea of sharing power with employees is scary, but in practice, loss of power/control is NOT an issue for the owners/CEOs who introduce self-governance, because they were the people who made the decision in the first place, and knew (more or less) what it would entail. So far this has been confirmed by the interviews I did with owners/CEOs. One of my goals for my master’s thesis is to reduce uncertainty for owners considering that step.

In hindsight, I realize that I could have done some more research to find out if there have already been any empirical studies in that direction. Have any of you come across something similar? Any names of authors / researchers on the topic of power sharing in self-organised companies would be much appreciated!

Greetings from Vienna, Austria!

Stefan

You have probably read Laloux, 2014… there is a lot on this issue in the book “Reinventing Organizations”