Representation of those most impacted by decisions: Tools for when impact exceeds circle roles (Deborah Chang, Sofie Malm, Hanna Fischer)

Originally published at: https://www.sociocracyforall.org/representation-of-those-most-impacted-by-decisions-tools-for-when-impact-exceeds-circle-roles-deborah-chang-sofie-malm-hanna-fischer/

Are we making decisions that are affecting more people than are in the room? How can we be more careful about representation? In this session, we give examples of situations where decisions are affecting a broader group of people and offer tools to support us being more inclusive in the decision-making process.

This thread is inviting you to continue the discussion.

Welcome to our online discussion about this topic! We’re excited to be in community as we explore this topic together.

Some questions on my mind
Choose any or more to answer!

• Why are you interested in this topic?
  • What are some challenges to representation?
  • Where have you experienced representation done right?
  • (if you attended our conference session) What did you take away from it?

My reflections are

I’m interested in representation because sociocracy is about hearing all voices but it takes skills and resources to truly make that happen.

At Youth Power Coalition, what we’re working to solve is the fact that young people are often not in spaces where decisions about them are being made. I’m curious how we can change this! Strategies we’re currently using include teaching adults and young people how to make decisions together through processes like sociocracy.

Finally, Hanna, sofie, and I put together this tools document to share!

What about you?

Post-Conference Appreciations

Thank you to everyone who participated in our conference session on representation!

Many thanks to people who helped @hanna.fischer, @sofie.malm-3492, and I with feedback: Julia Thayer, Noah Chaban, Katerin Mendez

Thanks also to Adreya for the music: Andreya’s Instagram @a.liv_music.

We’re planning on continuing the work, so please let us know if there’s anything in particular you’d like us to expand on!

1 Like