SoFA's budget - explanation and links

Hey there
GC approved the budget for Q2 today.
If you’re curious about it, you can have a look at this spreadsheet.
budget | This document has several tabs:

• Tab 1 (Balance) shows that we made $24,000 more than we spent in Q1, but that we’re projecting to lose money in Q2, and even more in Q3. We approved the budget for Q2, knowing that we’d have to deal with Q3.
  • Tab 2 (12-month budget) shows the income projections (yellow) vs. actuals (green) at the top; at the bottom, it does the expenses according to Quickbook (which currently counts by budget item, not by circle)
  • Tab 3 (Expense Budget all Departments) shows the expenses by department. It draws the data from the tabs that follow and that spell out the expenses for all circles and subcircles.

Get a bit more explanation by watching the recording of the presentation in GC (ca. 14 min).

1 Like

EDITED JULY 21 with updated numbers from a complete fiscal year (the most recent 12 months in this case).
Here’s an overview of SoFA’s income and spending in a direct comparison. (The numbers are by year)
The dataset is here. It needed a few modifications because of circles that switched places over the last 12 months.

1 Like

I’m confused because these numbers don’t seem accurate in some places.

For instance:

• annual conference income says 2k, but the budget spreadsheet has 5k+ and 9k+ for Q1 and Q2 respectively, and 1.5k for Q3. While it’s not clear which quarter this graphic is for, none of these match the numbers in the image.

• Also website and IT circle budgets are not reflective of the spreadsheet with regard to wages or expenses, especially when considering at large roles (perhaps that’s all in flux though, as it’s lost it’s at large roles except one, which seems to have a different reporting method than other at large role holders due to IRS employment status?): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SeUAnHhllN-kjOHEKp11zOINgm9h5ZSCezOp2jXRZzE/edit#gid=444625536

Hey there
I made it fresh from the data set that I had because the fiscal year just ended.
You can have a look now.