What is the process if someone wants to stand down from their role in a circle?

What is the process if someone wants to stand down from their role in a circle? thankyou

1 Like

Thanks so much for your response Ted. My question was just one of the questions that came up when we were doing session 1 of the empowered learning circles training, so just a theoretical one at this point. Really appreciate such a prompt reply. Cheers!

p.s. it was the only ‘session 1’ question I couldn’t find an answer to in the FAQs. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cannot see the reply. Am I the only one ?

So weird. It’s giving me a hard time. Here you go:
The person will likely announce to the circle, and then you can’t do much but to have a conversation how to do the handover and select a new person.

If someone is stepping out of the role but staying the circle, it’s conceivable that a colleague would object and say “hey, you can’t do that right now”. So there could be an objection to stepping down… one could have a constructive conversation about what it would take for the person to stay, and whether they’re willing to stay until a replacement is found etc. But leaving is inherently unilateral, quite often.

Do you want to say more about what you encountered? It seems like there’s a story there :slight_smile: