What we preach & What we do

What we preach & What we do

Being a personal and process optimization counselor I organized myself a lot of trainings and workshops.

I received a lot of questions.

When the answer came into my mind, I just shared it with my students.

When there was no answer, I asked myself questions for more understanding.

Sometimes I need more time to think, and evaluate so I postponed the answer.

I don’t know everything, even though I know many things.

I always told my students to tell me what I told them so that together we can remember what is important on an ongoing basis.

People often forget what they tell others or what they ask others.

Sometimes they forget to offer others what they expect or pretend from others, including simple and free stuff like: thanks, appreciation, respect, understanding, paying attention and so on.

My workshops were always free as it would be for the members of the same family (community).

Sharing knowledge with others helped me learn more and increase my own abilities to communicate, especially taking a time to think and feel before saying something.

Being a trainer, I was always a fellow as well.

Learning from others was easy for me and I didn’t look to acquire diplomas (even if a diploma helps in the outside environment) but to acquire real understanding and experience.

Over time these experiences transform themselves into my own knowledge. Being recognized by those around me, that knowledge became an expertise.

Nothing is new under the sun … However we always have new things to learn and to use for our personal or collective progress.

That’s why I like going over and over to the same trainings, courses, workshops, conferences and all sorts of events - to really catch the essence and integrate it into myself as knowledge and behavior.

I guess I have more to learn from all of you then you have to learn from me, so be generous and teach me gently

Together we could help each to be present and do what we preach.

Sociocracy is a space for learning through experience. Let’s use it.

Your friend,
because I care

Today I will be present again to an “intro” event. Why? Because I want to learn from what other people have and want to say. Final questions are a fresh source of learning as well. All the best!

I always told my students to tell me what I told them so that together we can remember what is important on an ongoing basis.
People often forget what they tell others or what they ask others**.

Yes, I think this is a very useful practice of learning how your ideas are heard and remembered, and can contribute to revising learning materials for future students.

Sometimes they forget to offer others what they expect or pretend from others ,

I wonder if you really mean ‘pretend’ here?

1 Like

Hello @blaskody,

Thank you!

Your feedback is important for me.

Feedback always help me understand better what I’m thinking and what other understand from what I say.

Feedback also helps me optimize my thoughts and my words.

English is not my native language and it’s obvious that sometimes maybe I don’t find the right words to express what I want to say.

In the statement you told me about the meaning of the word “pretend” is “claim” or “require”. Does it make sense? Do these synonyms bring more clarity about what I wanted to say?

I like people who, instead of remaining in a state of eventual confusion, ask clarifying questions.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to clarify what I really mean by using the word ‘pretend’.

Sometimes they forget to offer others what they expect or claim / require from others.

Your friend,
because I care