Following up on this discussion https://forums.sociocracyforall.org/t/sofa-where-are-we-going-sofa-strategy-year-2021-2022/ I want to report on what has come out so far in General Circle.
The question of strategy boils down to 4 questions:
- What kind of impact do we want to have? (objective)
- Why? (mission)
- With what audience? (audience)
- What do we need to pay attention to so we can see if it’s working? (metrics)
Some thoughts we’ve had in General Circle were about balance:
- On the one hand, be intentional and focus on certain activities (working actively in alignment with a declared strategy) - on the other hand being opportunistic and just following the energy in its own unpredictable way
- On the one hand focus on the operations and outward to the people - on the other hand focus on the inside and building the resources and let the rest flow from there
- On the one hand make sure SoFA is financially sound (we’re in an intentional deficit budget right now to make investments so income generation is essential) - on the other hand following impact more than income generation
What thoughts come up for you? What do you think is key?