This role lives in Finance Circle.
Email email@example.com to inquire
- Managing the financial matters of SoFA. Activities:
- Leading the quarterly reporting and budgeting processes
- Managing the financial aspects of hiring and letting go of employees and contractors
- Managing the functionality and inter-functionality of financial apps and bank accounts, namely WooCommerce, My Works, Stripe, PayPal, Wise, Florence Bank, Citizens Bank, Quickbooks, Payroll service, Workers Comp
- Supporting the work of SoFA bookkeepers, in particular helping resolve questions about accounts payable and accounts receivable, and reconciliations
- Serving as Help Desk for SoFA financial and budgeting questions
- Reconciling the Stripe account
- Bookkeeping the integration of multiple entities financial information (SoFA, SoPRA, Open Collective Europe, Cambridge Peace Project)
- Working with the CPAs on the annual financial review/audit.
- Filling out, with support from CPAs as needed, the annual 990 and MA PC reports
- Ensuring proper documentation for and reporting to governmental jurisdictions for business nexus, including reporting new hires, reporting and paying unemployment and worker’s compensation insurance.
- In general, leading the development of financial policies related to personnel.
- Leading the evolution of the chart of accounts and Quickbooks products as needed.
- Familiar with Quickbooks
- Ideally speaks (or at least understands) Spanish
- Familiar with SoFA as an organization.
$30/h (for US or EU; might be adjusted to local cost of living for outside US/EU)
Will be decided in mutual consent.