AZ Sociocracy in Quotes #003

AZ Sociocracy in Quotes #003

Many Voices One Song - shared power with sociocracy (a sociocracy manual):

1.1.2 Principles

Quote:

Equivalence: no one ignored. The essential principle underlying sociocracy. We try to consider everyone affected in everything we do; no individual or group is disregarded.

Summary:

• equivalence = no one ignored
  • equivalence is the essential principle underlying sociocracy
  • we try to consider everyone affected in everything we do
  • no individual or group is disregarded

Quote:

Seek the win-win: Every situation will be approached assuming that there is a solution that is mutually beneficial. Scarcity thinking (“when you get what you want, it means I get less”) is not accurate. There are countless examples of how synergy can make an exchange mutually beneficial.

Summary:

• seek the win-win
  • every situation will be approached assuming that there is a solution that is mutually beneficial
  • scarcity thinking = “when you get what you want, it means I get less”
  • scarcity thinking is not accurate
  • synergy can make an exchange mutually beneficial

Quote:

Open to emergence: Acceptance of not knowing and letting go of an attachment to an outcome. The less ego is involved, the easier it is for a solution to present itself. In complex systems, we cannot predict what will happen. No one person will have access to the absolute truth or the perfect idea. Considering everyone’s input is key.

Summary:

• acceptance of not knowing
  • letting go of an attachment to an outcome
  • the less ego is involved, the easier it is for a solution to present itself
  • in complex systems, we cannot predict what will happen
  • no one person will have access to the absolute truth or the perfect idea
  • considering everyone’s input is key

The principles of sociocracy are wonderful. I guess that if we implement them properly, we could progress together, without anyone being left behind.

Your friend,
because I care

1 Like