Sociocracy and Nonviolent Communication (NVC) Working Together

Sociocracy and Nonviolent Communication (NVC) are two distinct approaches to communication and decision-making, but they can work together to create a more collaborative and harmonious environment.

Sociocracy is a method of organizing groups and decision-making that emphasizes the principles of transparency, inclusivity, and consent-based decision-making. It is based on the idea that everyone in a group has a voice and that decisions should be made by consent, rather than by majority vote.

NVC, on the other hand, is a method of communication that focuses on identifying and expressing feelings and needs, while also empathetically listening to the feelings and needs of others. It is based on the idea that everyone has the capacity for compassion and that conflicts arise from unmet needs.

When used together, sociocracy and NVC can help groups communicate more effectively and make decisions that are more inclusive and collaborative. For example, the NVC approach can be used to identify the feelings and needs of individuals within the group, which can then inform the decision-making process within the sociocratic structure. Additionally, the sociocratic process can provide a structure for implementing the decisions made through NVC communication, ensuring that everyone’s voice is heard and that decisions are made by consent.

Overall, the combination of sociocracy and NVC can create a more equitable and supportive environment that values the perspectives and needs of all members of a group.

To discover more “in depth” insights about “How to Use Sociocracy”, I invite you to use this Sociocracy Manual:

I guess it is a good idea to combine theory with practice so I invite you to be present and to participate in our:

Community-of-Practice-for-Facilitators-CoP-F

In the Community of Practice for Facilitators (CoP-F) no one teaches anyone, but we all learn from each other by practicing and sharing real life experiences.

We welcome your presence and contribution. It will enrich all of our sociocracy knowledge.

Next meeting is scheduled for May 8th, 2023, from 14:00 UTC (CoP-F East) and from 18:30 UTC (CoP-F West). We are available to schedule any other meetings, as necessary.

Best wishes to all of you!

1 Like