Who Decides Who Decides by Ted Rau

The first book I read about sociocracy was Who Decides Who Decides by Ted Rau. I bought it from SoFA site here:

I recommend you to (re)read this book as soon as possible:

“Who decides who decides?” is a question that has been explored by various scholars and thinkers, including Ted Rau, a consultant in sociocracy who works with organizations to improve their decision-making processes.

Ted Rau argues that in order for organizations to make effective decisions, it is important to establish clear and transparent decision-making processes that are aligned with the organization’s vision and aims.

This includes identifying who has decision-making authority and how decisions are made, as well as establishing mechanisms for accountability and feedback.

According to Ted Rau, effective decision-making requires a balance between centralization and decentralization, with decisions being made at the appropriate level of the organization based on factors such as expertise, proximity to the issue, and the potential impact of the decision.

To do this, the general aim of the organization is distributed through the entire organization, in a horizontal way, to the entire nestled network of circles and domains that don’t overlap each other. In the same time, the decision-making power is distributed as well, so that the circles work autonomously in their specific domains, sustaining the overall wellbeing of the organization in the same time.

He also emphasizes the importance of involving diverse perspectives and stakeholders in the decision-making process, in order to ensure that decisions are informed by a range of perspectives and experiences.

Ted’s approach emphasizes the importance of clarity, transparency, and inclusivity in decision-making, as well as the need to continuously evaluate and improve decision-making processes over time.

As always, in life it is a good idea to combine theory with practice.

I invite you to be present and to participate in our Community of Practice for Facilitators (CoP-F):

Community-of-Practice-for-Facilitators-CoP-F

Meeting time:

The meeting for this group is on the second Monday of each month for 90 minutes.

There are two different events on the same day:

CoP-F East: at 14:00 UTC
(for zones like Asia, Europe, Africa and eastern North America)

and

CoP-F West: at 18:30 UTC
(for zones like western North America, South America or Asia-Pacific).

We want to offer everybody the opportunity to choose a convenient meeting according to their/her/his time zone.

Registration page:

CoP-F event series page:

Community of Practice for Facilitators (CoP-F) disscusion forum page:

Meeting Facilitation and Decision Making Sheet article:

In the Community of Practice for Facilitators (CoP-F) no one teaches anyone, but we all learn from each other by practicing and sharing real life experiences.

We welcome your presence and contribution. It will enrich all of our sociocracy knowledge.

Best wishes to all of you!